Test Case Migrator Plus
With the prior releases of Test Case Migrator (Beta
), it was possible to:
- migrate test cases (along with test steps) present in Microsoft Excel to VS2010 TCM server AND
- migrate VS 2005/2008 test templates present in MHT/doc formats to VS2010 TCM server.
These capabilities allowed you to reap all the benefits associated with Test Case Management (requirements traceability, test coverage, requirements coverage, test execution, test result analysis etc) present in VS 2010 release post migration.
With the RC2
release of this tool, we are adding to the Excel capabilities the ability to migrate not just the Test case work item, but also Requirements and Bugs work items – hence the change in name of the executable to “TestCaseMigratorPlus.exe”. The mht/doc based workflow remains the same – i.e. it only supports migration of work item type present in the VS2005/2008 manual test templates. What's new in RC2 version:
With this new drop (RC2), the following functionality has been added to the Excel based workflow:
- Migrate not just Test case, but also Requirement/User story and Bug work item types.
- Migrate links (using “Links mapping” dialog (Excel flow)) between different work item types across different invocations/sessions of the tool. Refer to “LinksMapping(Excel)-Internals-Readme.doc” for additional details.
- Default link types supported include:
- “Parent/Child” links between Requirement::Requirement
- “Related” links between Requirement::Requirement
- “Related” links between Test Case::Test Case
- “Related” links between Bug::Bug
- “Related” links between Requirement::Bug
- “Tested By/Tests” links between Requirement::Test Case
- “Tested By/Tests” links between Bug::Test Case
- Create Test plans/test suites as part of migration process for a Test case work item type.
- Create Area Paths at runtime based on folder hierarchy specified in excel file for all supported work item types.
- Analyze the migration process across different runs using “Consolidated Excel Pivot reports” (Excel flow) in addition to the session based output excel file.
- Updated and polished UI for the tool – now this is consistent with VS2010 theme.
- Improved and early inline error handling.
No changes have been made to the mht/doc based workflow other than UI polish.List of known issues:
- CLI does not work with VS command prompt, it does work with normal command prompt.
- Crash occurs when Office 2000 (excel/word/mht) is given as input to the tool.