Get duplicate test case Work Items in MTM/TFS using Migrator tool wizard

May 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I am trying to migrate Word doc test cases using the Migrator tool wizard.  After it completes successfully, the PASSED file shows the entry twice and I have duplicate test case Work Items in MTM/TFS using Migrator tool wizard for the single Word doc test case that i migrated. 

I created a folder "TO BE MIGRATED" which i point to for the source file which only had the single Word doc test case.

Has this happened to anyone else using the wizard with Word doc migration? What was the solution to getting only one Test Case Work Item from the migration?

May 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Edited May 23, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Figured out the issue:

IMPORTANT – on the SOURCE frame in the Wizard, you need to ensure your “documents found” count is accurate.  After selecting my folder where my Test Case was, the ‘documents found” count did not match to what is in the To Be Migrated folder.  I only had 1 test case prepped to be migrated and the Wizard Source frame said "2 documents found". 

So you must select the other radio button for “Select text file….”  and then re-select the radio button “Select folder…” and the count will be adjusted.  completed wizard and migrated just fine, creating only 1 Test Case work item for the single test case that I imported.

Is this a bug in the Migrator tool?