TF201077 - Work item type 'Task' not found error

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the migration of test cases to test manager 2010. I used the sample worksheet(as a template) using Test case migrator tool and the migration process fails with the message " TF201077:  The work item type Task cannot be found" occurs. In addition I added the link mapping to test case source id. Do I need to do any prerequisite prep before running the tool?

It would be great, if anyone can help me with this?

Thank you

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:03 PM

The import proccessing requires a "Task" work item type to exist.  I know this WIT comes with the Agile template, not sure what you are using.    Anyway, a single task record is creating during the import to which a mapping file is attached and used during subsequent imports to establish links between the User Stories, Test Cases and Bugs.   

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Thank you for your reply. I am working on Agile template, I could not find any task record created during import, do I need to modify any fields in Test manager / excel file.

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Are you able to create a Task record manually?  I would try this first to make sure you don't have any permissions or configurations issues with your Task work item types.     Also, if you are linking the Test Cases to requirements (User Stories), then you should import that sample spreadsheet first.   This will create the special Task record.  Then import the Test Cases.    This second import session will lookup that Task record and use it to correlate Source ID's with Work Item Type ID's.