TF30063: You are not Authorized to access <server> Error

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:22 PM

while using "Test Case Migrator Plus", after selecting the TFS server and furnishing Login Credentials I get the following Error.

TF30063: You are not Authorized to access <server> Error.

With same User credentials I am able to login to TFS via VS 2010.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I seem to be having the same issue.  I am using the project collection administrator account to log in which works with everything else but the Test Case Migrator Plus.  Once I get to the Destination page, I click the ellipse, enter alternate credentials, select the Team Project Collection, select the Team Project and click Select.  I then get error TF30063:  You are not authorized to access <server>\Test Collection.  Are there special permissions required by this tool?  I would imagine Project Collection Administrator should be sufficient?  Any help is appreciated.

-Shane

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM

when I am trying to connect to default collection of tfs using Test case migrator tool, I am getting an error i.e. "tf30063: You are not authorized to access default collection". But I am able to connect to default collection of same server using test manager or visual studio 2010 ultimate.

Please reply if somebody has solution to this problem. I need solution really urgent.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I get the same message when if I try Ussing different Credentials, then I go back and next and it seems to be connected, not messages are shown but I have no list of Work Items.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks, Sil

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I too get the same error message when I try to access the TFS Server.

I am able to access the TFS Server from my Web Browser and also from VS 2010

I am running  the tool from a WINDOWS Server 2008 R2  VM and my TFS Server is over SSL.

Does anybody have any work arounds for this ?

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I am never offered the opportunity to enter credentials.  The app sits, I'm requested to send error info to MS and then I try again...

When I try to use the web_access screen, images and other items in the page are recieveing a 401 and 403 errors (visible in fiddler).  I've attempted to open up access to all the directories/levels to no avail.

I found my server (Windows 2003) needed updates.(stuck on 84 of 95 at the moment)

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Any news on this? What is the point to use the tool you it can't connect to TFS. Seems like many people are having the same issue.

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Strange But works with fiddler. If you guys have fiddler, launch and make it to capture traffic.

Try now with Test case migrator, you will see the workitems displayed.

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Hello: I'm getting "UnauthorizedAccessException" right after selecting tfs. Then it brings up debug mode and that's when I see that error message. TestCaseMigration+ then crashes.

I have the latest version, which is v1.1 RTM.

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:09 AM

The issue here is when you try to connect to a remote TFS server from a client. This happens when you already have authenticated tour access via some client tool and you try to connect through TCM.

The resolution here is you can add following line as mentioned below in  WorkITemGenerator() constructer and recreate the exe, so that it will re-ensure your Authentication.

TeamProjectCollection.EnsureAuthenticated();

e.g.

TeamProjectCollection = new TfsTeamProjectCollection(new Uri(serverName), new UICredentialsProvider());

TeamProjectCollection.EnsureAuthenticated();

Now after this when you connect , it wikk re-ask you to put your credentials and this will resolve your issue

NK