how do I import test suites

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I was wondering how that i need to set up my excel sheet in order to import a hierarchical list of test suites?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

patrice

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Patrice,

Please take a look at the Samples section. As mentioned in the Samples (SampleTestCaseWorkbookWithRelationships) - in the SuitesHierarchy column, you could have multiple hierarchies separated by semicolons (ex: OnlineFinancialSystem\E2E; OnlineFinancialSystem\BVT; OnlineFinancialSystem\NARs;  OnlineFinancialSystem\Priority\P1s, OnlineFinancialSystem\Priority\P2s). As long as a test case belongs to one or more of the hierarchies, once the Test cases are migrated, the tool will proceed with creation of the Test Suites as specified by the data in the SuitesHierarchy column and then add the test cases to the various test suites.

Ravi

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Hi Ravi,

First of all my Thanks and Congratulations to the team who built this beautiful tool. It really helps:). Adding to the question asked by Patrice, actually i tried to upload test cases by providing "TestSuite" values under a column in excel sheet, for each test case. Still when i export these test cases using "Test case migrator Plus" tool and then go to Visual Studio Test Manager, I am not able to find out test cases under specified Test Suites, though export of test cases was successful which, i could confirm by querying TFS database. Please guide me on this.

My second question is, what if my Test suite and Test plan are already created in Visual studio Test Manager, Can't i give names of existing test suites in test case excel sheet and then export test cases to existing test suites in Visual Studio Test Plan Manager?

Thanks

-Vikas