Where do imported user stories go?

Jul 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I am new to visual studios so I applogize if these questions seem real basic but I have searched through documentation and what I find is not very complete or user friendly, especially for novices.

I am trying to import requirements into TFS so I can use them with Microsoft Test Manager to satisfy tracebility between narrative requirements and my test cases.  The only work item available using TCI is User Story so that is what I am attempting to import them as. 

I received back my report with the TFS work item listed but I cannot find them when I go int VS.  Where can I find a guide that explains this process end to end?

Thank you,

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2010 at 9:39 AM

LJo,

Take a look at some of the links to get started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286619.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jasonz/archive/2009/10/21/tutorial-getting-started-with-tfs-in-vs2010.aspx

-Ravi

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I appreciate the help but the problem I am having is I am a tester not a developer. I am not familiar at all with visual studio. The documentation to me jumps all over and each page has link after link. There is no step by step guide for someone trying to learn MTM and the visual studio side of it as far as reports and getting requirements in. I am not a newbie either. I have used QC and IBM rational robot and had no problem at all quickly learning them. MTM is not a tester friendly product.

Laurie Lantgen | Testing Analyst III

Meta Payment Systems

5501 S Broadband Ln |Sioux Falls | SD 57108

llantgen@metapay.com

ph: 605.362.2414

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:40 AM
To: Laurie Lantgen
Subject: Re: Where do imported user stories go? [tcmimport:220163]

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tcmimport@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tcmimport@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Important: This electronic mail message and any attached files contain
information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any viewing, copying, disclosure, or distribution of this information may
be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Please notify the sender, by
electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the
original message without making any copies.