Unable to create testplan/test suite

May 11, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Hi,

I am able to migrate testcases from excel to tfs server. But I am not able to create test suite\test plan by following the instructions mentioned in 'WorkItemMigrator(Excel-MHT)-Readme'. Could you please help me out with the issue.

Thanks,

Keerthi

May 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Hi Keerthi,

There was a bug in the earlier drop - we were only processing Test Suite creation if Linking was enabled. We have now fixed this issue. Please download the latest binaries and verify.

Thanks,

Ravi

May 13, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Hi Ravi,

I downloaded the latest binaries. But still the problem persists

Thanks,

Keerthi

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I am unable to create a hierarchy of test suites.  I have many cases within the same test suites and when it hits the second instance that has overlap in the hierarchy the import fails with the error:

"Duplicate suite names detected in suite 108.  Suite names must be unique within a common parent".

I was assuming that if it came across another test case that had the same path, it would add that test case to the existing suite rather than trying to create a new one.  Is this not the behavior?

How do I import multiple test cases to the same suite otherwise?

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM
keerthi88 wrote:

Hi Ravi,

I downloaded the latest binaries. But still the problem persists

Thanks,

Keerthi

Have a same issu here.
Dec 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM
keerthi88 wrote:

Hi,

I am able to migrate testcases from excel to tfs server. But I am not able to create test suite\test plan by following the instructions mentioned in 'WorkItemMigrator(Excel-MHT)-Readme'. Could you please help me out with the issue.

Thanks,

Keerthi

Hello, I got the same problem.

Don't check the 'Multiple test steps are present in single cell separated by new line character' during the import [Miscellaneous step], and it will work.

Write you test steps like in the "SampleTestCasesWorkbookWithRelationships.xlsx" (see the download section).

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Same problem here.  It doesn't create the folder structure and each step(row) in my excel file is a new test case with the same name and only contains one step